Kingsway Fellowship International (KFI) was founded in 1968 and provides:
- Nonprofit status (501 (c) 3) for Churches & Religious Organizations.
- A Spiritual Covering for those having their own Tax-Exempt Status.
- A bond of Fellowship & Unity with people of like-precious Faith.
- KFI does not seek to own your ministry properties or assets.
- Kingsway has a relationship today with several thousand ministers and missionaries on 5 continents.
- KFI seeks to equip and enable its ministers to be more effective in their callings while building meaningful relationships with other ministers in the Fellowship.
- Building strong local churches around the world is a key priority.
- International ministers and leadership conferences.
- Assistance in establishing International Bible Training Centers for equipping ministers and leaders for the indigenous church.
- Tax-exempt status for USA churches and religious organizations in the USA Ministerial credentials for five–fold ministers and missionaries, evangelists and ministries of help.
- Kingsway Fellowship International is a d/b/a of Kingsway Ministries, Inc. an Iowa nonprofit corporation, located in Des Moines at 3707 SW 9th St., 50315.
- A nonprofit church-controlled tax exempt organization with Group Ruling Status under sections – 501 (c) (3), 509 (a) (1), 170 (b) (1) (A) (i) or170 (b) (1) (A) (ii) with the Federal Government.
- Directed by a 9 member Board of Directors.
- Numerous international, regional and state and sectional superintendents.
- Kingsway Fellowship International does not discriminate against members, applicants, students and others on the basis of age, race, color, national or ethnic origin.
Kingsway's Vision and Mission
Our vision is to provide services that empower God called spirit-filled ministers, churches and religious organizations to carry out their God-given assignments throughout the world. We will live in obedience to the Great Commandment (Matthew 22:36-40) as we carry out the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20).
1. Honor God in all we do.
2. Build relationships based on trust and respect.
3. Maintain excellence and integrity in all programs and services.
4. Practice responsible stewardship in all areas of ministry.
The “life thread” of KFI is believed to be our undying passion for winning souls at home (USA) and abroad. We are constantly reminded that “untold millions are still untold.” We are determined to build new churches, network existing churches and establish Christian colleges to train nationals to reach their nation with the gospel in every country of the world.
Kingsway's Statement of Faith
This fellowship recognizes that its basis of faith shall be according to the doctrine of Christ found in II John 9-11, “Whosoever transgresseth and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God.” The biblically inspired doctrinal basis of faith which lists the seven principles of the doctrine of Christ is found in Hebrews 6:1-2; “Therefore, leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and faith toward God, of the doctrine of baptisms and laying on of hands, and resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment.” Thus we see that these seven principles include the following:
1. Repentance from dead works.
2. Faith in God.
3. Doctrine of baptisms.
4. Laying on of hands.
5. Resurrection of the dead.
6. Eternal judgment.
7. Going onto perfection.
Obviously in the New Testament Church, there was not uniformity of belief in all matters including, for example, that of circumcision (Acts 15:1.) The apostles did not attempt to resolve differences in this case. Either side was given liberty of conscience in the matter, but neither were permitted to make it an issue. KFI stands for New Testament liberty of conscience, but disapproves of any who would use that liberty to divide the brethren. (Contact the KFI Office for expanded version)
Kingsway's Leadership Team
Rev. Ken Browning
(2021 – Present)
Rev. Ken Browning has served on the Board of Directors for KFI since 1996 and assumed the role of Executive Overseer in 2021. Ken has served in several pastoral appointments, has been a Christian businessman for several years and is a graduate of The National Institute of Christian Leadership. He has been married to his wife Shellee for 44 years and has three grown children with families serving God. Emily is the technology director for her middle school. Lauren is a college professor and Michael is a CPA. Ken oversees Kingsway Ministries and World Missions.
Assistant Executive Overseer
Dr. Ronald Breese, D.Min
(2013 – Present)
Dr. Breese began his service as Asst. Executive Overseer in 2013 after many years of service on the KFI Executive Board of Directors, as well as, many fruitful years of Pastoral Ministry. His primary responsibility is facilitating growth within KFI chartered churches and ministries in the USA. He also provides leadership to KFI men’s ministers in the USA.
World Mission Overseers
Rev. John & Shirley Helmuth
(2013 - Present)
The Helmuth’s serve the fellowship by coordinating international conventions/conferences, leading ministry teams to minister in KFI Missions fields and establishing relationships with KFI missionaries, national superintendents and ministers worldwide. They assumed this position in 2013 after 25 years of International travel and ministry.
Kingsway Fellowship International was born as God moved in the heart of our founder, Dr. D.L. Browning, in 1968. After having been a Pastor for many years and seeing the heart-felt desire of scores of men and women wanting help and needing direction for their ministries, God spoke to him to make that possible by providing a Spirit–filled Ministerial Fellowship, not a denomination, for them. That was the beginning of Kingsway Fellowship International.
KFI began with only a handful of men and women ministers of great vision and we have never allowed our vision to diminish, but rather we have endeavored to fulfill the word given to us in Isaiah 54:2-3, “Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch for the curtains of thine habitations: spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes: For thou shalt break forth on the right and on the left.” Those founding members were of the “Pentecostal Persuasion” and we continue to strive for the faith once delivered unto the saints until this hour.
We have grown until today we are a fellowship of over 2500 ministers now affiliated and credentialed with KFI serving on five continents, including many churches, children’s homes, colleges and indigenous pastors and workers. KFI conducts regularly scheduled conferences, conventions and fellowship meetings throughout the United States and other countries each year. KFI continues to be committed to fulfill the “Great Commission” in our generation by “preaching the Gospel in all Nations” so that all people may come to faith in Jesus Christ and enjoy the abundant, eternal life found only in Him.
Dr. DL & Amy Browning, Th.D
Founders 1968 - 2000
Dr. William Jenkins, H.D.D.
Former Bishop/Executive Overseer
2005 – 2021
Drs. Robert & Glenyce Doorn
World Mission’s Director 1968 – 2013
Dr. Mildred Nation, Th.D
Office Administrator 1967 – 2000
Executive Overseer 2000 – 2005
Assist. Executive Overseer 2005 – 2013
Stay In Touch With Us:
Send us an email:
Give us a call: